Cloud Engineer- DevOps Technologies
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in technologies. AWS is seeking talented engineers, well versed in technologies, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration, who are not constrained by how "things are usually done". As a support engineer, you will be at the forefront of technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
On a typical day, an engineer might thoughtfully work with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way or a deployment is failing, consult with a diverse range of engineers at Amazon and discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role! Select a working week that works for you, working Sunday through to Thursday or Tuesday through to Saturday. Go forth and have the work-life balance you have always dreamed of!
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Engineer may also coach or mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Our engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
A suitable candidate would be someone who is extremely customer focused, who could multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their complex technical issues. Basic Qualifications
• Strong experience with OR Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
• One or more Web and Application Server technologies: Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS
• One or more , Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.
• One or more scripting language e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, ebextensions
• Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
• One or more version control platform e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC
• Great written and verbal communication skills Preferred Qualifications
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Knowledge of AWS and Computing concepts (preferred experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CloudFormation or AWS OpsWorks)
• Exposure to Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
• Experience or qualifications in containerization
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.