Cloud Engineer - Storage Solutions \u0026 Content Delivery
• Clear and defined career progression, training & certifications + much more
• Subsidized Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work, Mobile phone allowance
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in technologies. As a member of the AWS Cloud Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Amazon's world-class team of engineers, and work with some of the best and brightest while also developing your skills and career within one of the most dynamic, innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. In addition to a stimulating and fun working environment, Amazon offers mentoring programs with experienced engineers, regular tech talks with technology principals, and well-defined career paths for motivated engineers who want to contribute to our culture of operational excellence and customer-focused technical innovation.
As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role! Select a working week that works for you, working Sunday through to Thursday or Tuesday through to Saturday. Go forth and have the work-life balance you have always dreamed of!
You will be surrounded by a team that are passionate about computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you
• Learn, Support, and use groundbreaking technologies
• Interact with engineers from leading technology companies around the world
• Engage with and solve customers' technical issues via phone, chat or email
• Apply advanced techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
• Our support engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice in to the teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
Want to know what's it like to be a Cloud Support Engineer at AWS? Take a look!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC3bWcFFZTo Basic Qualifications
• Knowledge of architecture, client/server and distributed computing concepts
• Strong Linux or Windows Operating & Administration skills
• Experience operating and mail services and SMTP
• Good understanding of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven customer/client service skills. Preferred Qualifications
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks
• Experience with Enterprise Migration is desirable but not necessary.
• Knowledge of architectures and backup/DR strategies
• Experience file, block and object storage
• Detailed knowledge of storage protocols: CIFS, SMB
• Expertise with network and tools e.g. iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig etc.
• Understanding of streaming video (H264, MP4, WEBM, HLS, Smooth Streaming)
• Understanding of Video Compression & Delivery (Codecs & Containers, Streaming Protocols)
• Prior working experience with AWS e.g. S3, SES, CloudFront, , Elastic Transcoder, Glacier, Snowball and Elemental suite of products.
• Messaging and Queueing experience
• Experience working with RestAPI based services
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.