Commercial Finance Manager - Financial Planning \u0026 Analysis
Are you interested in being part of an exciting new Amazon business? The Consumer Finance team is looking for a high calibre Senior Financial Analyst. The role will lead the planning, forecasting and analysis for the Australia business. They will implement, develop and standardize financial reports and processes, develop short and long term operational plans, develop analytical models and key performance indicators to measure overall financial performance. This position will also provide insightful ad-hoc analysis and business case analysis to assess new opportunities, e.g. new programmes and incremental strategic spend.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, analytical, detail oriented and will possess the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including Amazon retail, marketing and a range of finance teams.
o Develop and or improve the necessary reporting tools and rhythm of review for understanding drivers of performance versus business case assumption
o Ensure accuracy in reporting at month end, liaising with relevant teams to investigate variances as needed
o Responsible for finance commentary required for key business reviews
• Planning and analysis
o Drive the financial planning process, through working with key stakeholders.
o Partner the commercial team and commercial finance team to understand drivers of performance on an ongoing basis.
• Financial Control
o Identify key financial risks and develop the framework and controls to mitigate these - link up with other Amazon teams where required, including accounting and tax. Basic Qualifications
• 8+ years of relevant experience in a corporate environment
• 3+ years Commercial Finance experience
• 5+ years experience with Microsoft Excel Preferred Qualifications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build and manage quantitative models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Drive for results
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Customer focus and professional demeanor
• Ability to work independently and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items
• Ability to work with cross functional teams, dive deep into the details
• Basic experience with financial and accounting systems (COGNOS, Essbase, Oracle)
• Basic experience with data warehouse systems (SQL)
• Direct experience in online or offline FMCG or Retail.