Core Engineering - Site Reliability Engineer - Analyst/Associate - Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. At Goldman Sachs, SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of our firm's most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of our internal and external users. We look for engineers who are motivated to collaborate with our businesses to build and run sustainable production systems, which can evolve and adapt to changes in our fast-paced, global business environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Work with application system owners to develop effective SLOs that capture business needs.
- Develop effective monitoring solutions and infrastructure to support large real-time systems.
- Drive incident management process and support a blameless post-mortems culture.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning to build reliability into new systems.
- Collaborate with development teams to share SRE culture and practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Proficiency in building software in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design or experience with UNIX operating systems internals.
- Experience automating operational tasks
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code.
- Strong communication skills, drive, and ownership.
- Experience applying SRE principles to novel problems and systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity