Your new team
- A critical function within the Commonwealth Bank Cyber Security.
- Contribute to securing and enhancing the financial well being of people, businesses and communities
- Fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best security minds in the industry
Cyber Security is part of the Enterprise Services (ES) business unit at Commonwealth Bank.
Cyber Security's purpose is to engender trust, and enable secure and innovative experiences for customers and communities. The Cyber Defence Operations team within Cyber Security, is responsible for Cybercrime, Forensics, Threat response, Detection engineering and Red teaming. Your responsibilities
As a Cybercrime Researcher - you will
What you will need to succeed
- Operate security technologies to support the function of bank systems
- Participate in thought leadership and attend industry events
- Create/improve current tool sets to maximise the efficiency and productivity of the team's technical capabilities
- Work within a team environment and across business units to complete associated tasks with exceptional results
- Provide expert knowledge and reporting of the Cybercrime domain to key stakeholders, risk, project and operational teams
- Monitor and analyse key intelligence points to ensure timely identification of Bank related incidents.
- Continual research into banking malware, botnets, money "muling" and other Cybercrime techniques and tactics
- Establish greater node strength through collaboration with Government; Technology; Banking and Law Enforcement to increase responsiveness and intelligence gathering
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Extensive experience in Cybercrime and/or fraud operations within financial services industry or security consulting firm
- Ability to capture and articulate intelligence in a clear, concise manner (both orally and in written reports)
- Familiarity various SIEM/Log platforms, e.g. Splunk, Exabeam, Elasticsearch/Kibana
- Familiarity with web frameworks and mobile development
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 03/09/2020