Data Architect #Closer #Braver #Faster The Role
The Data Architect is a key member of the Data Engineering team. The successful candidate will understand modern software development practices and work in a project team to design high performance, secure and scalable data pipelines, streaming, transformation, CI/CD and data extraction applications.
Key to your success will be the ability to communicate complex designs in a clear and compelling way to a variety of stakeholders both within and external to IAG. Additional responsibilities include developing prototypes and proof of concepts for proposed solutions and implementing complex data delivery projects with a focus on loading, managing, securing, analysing and maintaining large sets of data across multiple platforms.
The Data Architect role is a technical role that requires substantial expertise in a broad range of enterprise architect, software development and data engineering skills. These professionals have knowledge of data loading, end user requirements analysis, and business requirements analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solutions. They have a solid understanding of data design principles, the software development life cycle, agile development principles and exposure to a variety of data platforms such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Informix, AS400, Mainframe as well as AWS and/or Google Cloud environments. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Expertise in data lake architecture principles
- Design and Development of scalable, secure and high performance near real time data pipelines
- Design and development of public, private and hybrid cloud data environments
- Real time acquisition using CDC and Confluent KAFKA
- Document data stores such as MongoDB
- Relational data stores such as Postgres
- CI/CD pattern design and implementation in Linux based environments
- Experience with Python, Java and / or Scala
- Experience with MPP Databases like Greenplum, MongoDB, RDS
- Experience with Agile Development and supporting technologies
- Exposure to relational database systems (DB2, Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Exposure to Open Source Technologies
- Exposure to Scheduling Tools like Active Batch, Airflow etc
- Exposure to high performance cloud computing environments
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Click 'Apply' and start your career conversation with Talent Acquisition!
Make sure to discuss all internal applications with your current manager before applying. Please note, your eligibility for release on secondment opportunities is dependent approval from your current manager.
Should your application proceed to reference check stage, your current manager will be contacted.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.