About this role Job Summary An exciting opportunity has arisen in BlackRock's Sydney office to head up our Compliance function covering the Australian markets. This role reports functionally into the Head of Compliance, APAC – located in Hong Kong. The individual will work in tandem
About this role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in BlackRock's Sydney office to head up our Compliance function covering the Australian markets. This role reports functionally into the Head of Compliance, APAC – located in Hong Kong. The individual will work in tandem with the Australian Head of Legal and will lead all aspects of the Australian Compliance Team. You would be partnering with business groups and provide compliance and regulatory and mentorship, working closely with their Legal & Compliance counterparts to continue improving a regional and globally consistent compliance platform for the business.
We are seeking an individual with asset management or financial services compliance experience with a proven track record. Previous regulatory and cross border experience would be highly regarded. Key Responsibilities
- Provide compliance and regulatory advice to BlackRock’s business and undertake compliance monitoring, surveillance and reporting activities.
- Coordinate and implement a Compliance Program focused on meeting BlackRock’s local regulatory obligations, regulatory expectations and maintenance of its regulatory approvals.
- Oversee the administration and operation of existing compliance policies and procedures and assisting in the drafting and review of new policies and procedures.
- Liaise with and assist internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with regulators and deal with sensitive and complex compliance and regulatory matters.
- Oversee and coordinate the external Australian Compliance Committee.
- Possess understanding of BlackRock’s fiduciary obligations and its commercial and business objectives.
- Participate in global and/or regional compliance initiatives to ensure global best practice and consistency.
- A minimum of 12 years meaningful working experience in regulatory compliance at an asset management, or other related financial services organisation.
- Experience in an international organization is highly preferred.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment in Australia. Understanding or exposure to other regulatory regimes (such as Hong Kong/China or other APAC jurisdictions) would be helpful
- Interactions with regulators at both technical and policy level.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and social skills.
- University degree in Law/Finance/Accounting/Business/Economics preferred.
- Strong presentation skills; a proven track record in presenting at senior Board & Committee levels.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.