Director, International Public Finance, Australia/New Zealand
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Fitch Ratings
- 16 nov. 17 2017-11-16
Fitch Ratings’ International Public Finance (IPF) group provides public and private ratings of public sector entities, subnationals, and their debt instruments in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, particularly in South Korea, China, India, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand. The department is split into two main sectors: Local and Regional Governments and Public Sector Entities. The position is based in Sydney but the candidate will report to a Senior Director in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will have strong current experience of economic and financial analysis, ideally in Public Finance. The role will primarily concentrate on public entities, with a focus on Australia and New Zealand, however they will be required to be involved in other APAC countries including Indonesia and India.
- Data analysis related to the public sector entities, local governments sector and individual issuers
- Monitoring a portfolio of issuer ratings, including the preparation of rating committee documentation and discussing credit analyses in rating committees.
- Writing and publishing of comprehensive rating reports on individual issuers and participate in management meetings with the rated entities
- Participation in credit rating committees for local governments and public entities in both your allocated region and other countries.
- Regular interaction with external contacts, investors and bankers and liaison with issuers’ senior management.
- Publication of sector-specific research and insightful commentary.
- Responding to external queries from investors, bankers and other fixed income market participants and the media together with more senior analysts
- Plus other duties as required
It is important that the candidate should be able to work independently in an international environment while also being a good team player, being able to cope with time pressure and deadlines, and being happy to travel for short periods. The role requires some travel in the region.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of eight to 10 years previous financial /credit analysis experience is required in order to be successful in this position
- Fluency English, both verbal and written, is essential. Other languages beneficial
- Ability to work independently
- Degree educated, ideally within Finance or Public Sector / Economics
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Proficient knowledge of standard business software including demonstrably strong Excel skills
To apply please submit a cover letter and most recent CV including remuneration details by clicking on Apply
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Fitch has a wide presence in Asia including China, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan and Australia. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.