Director of Cybersecurity
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer and CTO, you will lead development and execution of cybersecurity strategies, manage cyber practices, and drive the delivery of technical solutions while engaging with and supporting businesses, technology teams, and other internal and external stakeholders across Macquarie.
You will represent cybersecurity in all capacities including project leadership, people leadership, operations, and strategy. This role requires a keen sense of business priorities, stakeholder engagement, cyber security best practices, and an ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Your key area of responsibility will be to manage a large team in project delivery and software development for the improvement, automation and development of our leading-edge cyber security capabilities. It will be imperative that you are genuinely interested in staying abreast of the latest technologies, allowing you to strive for continual improvement and stay focussed on delivery.
As a trusted advisor within the team, you will provide thought-leadership to the business across both security and technological needs, and use this to develop and maintain a clear strategy, objectives, plans and metrics. You will also need to act as a role model within the division, instilling our values; integrity, accountability and opportunity, in everything you do.
You will thrive on change and show creative thinking and initiative with the ability to translate innovative ideas and best practices into successful delivery. With a proven track record of success in execution and meeting impactful goals and objectives, you will also proactively manage all relevant risks, issues, governance and reporting.
To be successful, you will also need to bring the following qualifications and experience:
- minimum eight years' progressive experience in a demonstrated leadership role, including: experience focused on cyber risk management, people leadership, and project delivery activities
- an ability to translate innovative ideas and best practices into successful delivery, with a proven track record of success in execution and meeting impactful goals and objectives
- experience with security technologies and architectures
- an understanding of regulatory requirements, risk management practices, cybersecurity frameworks (e.g. NIST), and best-practice approaches for the management and delivery of cybersecurity functions
- an ability to translate large volumes of complex data into clear and concise information and insights for senior management
- thrive on change and show creative thinking and initiative
- familiarity with, and a proponent for Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices
- experience in contract and vendor negotiation.
To start your journey with Macquarie, please apply via the following link or contact Nathan King on email@example.com . Salary commensurate to experience.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program . Advertised:
27 Jun 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: