Engineering Manager - UI & UX
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
The Engineering Manager of UI & UX is responsible for working across the Technology delivery lifecycle including inception, construction, testing, release and ongoing management of UI & UX deliverables across Web and Native App Technologies for Australia Digital. This role is a People Leadership role responsible for managing a team of UI & UX Developers. They will be required to continually enhance their skills within a number of specialisms which include UI & UX technologies, UI & UX Platforms, security, testing and operational support. Responsibilities:
• End-to-end accountability for UI & UX deliveries, identifying and developing the most appropriate Technology solutions to meet customer needs as part of the Customer Journey
• Ensure ongoing alignment with the HSBC Group Standards and platform roadmaps for UI & UX development across Web and Native App Development
• Provide support across the end-to-end delivery and run lifecycle, utilising their skills and expertise to carry out software development, testing and operational support activities with the ability to move between these according to demand
• Manage the day to day operations of a team UI & UX Developers, their ongoing training requirements and career development plans
• Liaise with the Technical Leads, other engineers, architects and business stakeholders, to understand and drive the UI & UX direction
• Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data
• Create technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
• Provide support to DevOps teams working at all stages of a product or service release/change with a strong customer focus and end-to-end journeys, ensuring they have an excellent domain knowledge
• Working with Ops, Dev and Test Engineers to ensure operational issues (performance, operator intervention, alerting, design defect related issues, etc.) are identified and addressed at all stages of a product or service release/change
• Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team
• Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered
• Responsible for automating the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service team driving a culture of continuous improvement Qualifications Requirements:
• 5 Years+ experience leading technology development teams
• Proven experience in leading UI & UX Development.
• Proven experience in migrating to DevOps in a complex distributed environment
• Strong understanding of:
o UI & UX Platforms design Systems like React/AngularJS ; Mobile Native App Development - Kotlin/SWIFT
o Cloud platforms in the context of UI hosting
o Java & Web technologies
o Auto-testing tools and frameworks for Web and Mobile Native development
o Automated & secure source code management and release tools
o Database standards and practices
o Cybersecurity principles and code security practices
• Possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
• Working in an Agile work environment and familiar with Agile work practices
• Experienced in delivering and supporting projects within a team environment
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.