Exadata Specialist Engineer
Exadata Specialist Engineer
- New role for a Senior Exadata Specialist Engineer to join our operations team
- We are a results driven team committed to providing the best products and service
- You are comfortable working in fast paced, fully agile environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Exadata Specialist Engineer to join our team at Commbank. You will play a pivotal role in maintaining and patching all the fleet within CBA across multiple locations. Working as a senior member of our operations team, are responsible for contributing to and maintaining a highly collaborative and high performance culture within the team and also with key partners such as L2 Operations and Service Delivery Management teams. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide technical and business thought leadership to projects on all new systems being developed for the Business where the Exadata Systems are impacted;
- Workshop new solutions/ functionality with the various stakeholders to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and transition to operations is smooth;
- Evaluate solutions provided by areas external to CBA Service Operations for relevance and fit within the Exadata environment. Provide recommendations to senior management and other stakeholders
- Install and configure new Exadata systems where required and apply the relevant patching to ensure Exadata maintenance levels are always up to date. This could include initiating and performing failovers of databases to free services up for the patching to occur;
- Install and configure monitoring solutions that support the effectiveness of the Exadata systems in supporting always available systems. This could include OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) and other products of a similar nature that could be deployed in the CBA Exadata environment;
- Provide strategic direction on Exadata systems versions and maintenance levels within guidelines provided by our vendors;
You will report directly to the Senior Manager Database operations and Support. The team is primarily responsible for the technical excellence, stability and resilience of the organization's mission critical and high volume IT Systems across the end-to-end production environment. Your skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience as an Oracle Infrastructure Exadata Engineer with 12c multi-tenant Database experience;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Exadata environments;
- In-depth understanding of Exadata architecture and its security implications;
- Advanced understanding of the principles of Oracle's Maximum Availability Architecture and proven experience in designing and implementing systems to these standards;
- Proven experience in capacity planning and monitoring on the Exadata Machines; .
- Demonstrated capabilities and experience in performing patching on Exadata systems.
If this role is of interest, you would like more information or a fully confidential discussion on opportunities with CommBank, please do apply now.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 14/07/2020