- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie Sydney Nouvelle-Galles du Sud AU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Willis Towers Watson (Australia)
- 05 juin 18 2018-06-05
As part of the financial reporting team which manages the books of 8 Australian entities as well as wider group reporting needs, the Financial Accountant will report to the Financial Controller, providing accounting support including balance sheet and operating expense maintenance and analysis, cash management and assistance with tax compliance, statutory reporting and audits. Working closely with the global central accounts payable service team, you will be the key adviser to that team, acting as an advocate on behalf of the Australia businesses. This is a critical role to champion ongoing process improvements and to ensure business needs are met.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 140 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Oversight of globally managed processes:
- invoice entries to ensure accuracy of coding as well as the allocation and appropriate treatment of GST
- bank reconciliations
- fixed asset accounting, ensuring appropriate items are capitalised and assigned to suitable entity and office
- Provision of information to internal audit team
Locally managed finance objectives:
- Maintenance and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including accruals, prepayments and provisions as required and performance of analytical reviews
- Preparation of bank entries and reconciliations of bank accounts
- Preparation of cash flow forecasting
- Assistance with month-end reporting, including review of segmental operating expense analysis against prior periods
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers for statutory reporting and tax
- Assistance with tax compliance, annual statutory reporting and external audit, including help with implementation of new accounting standards
- Assistance in annual budgeting process, particularly overheads and other fixed operating costs
- The successful candidate will possess (or be working towards) an appropriate accountancy qualification and be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a financial reporting environment
- Confidence to work with a number of different stakeholders in order to help progress matters to resolution and to implement solutions for the future
- A methodical approach with clarity of presentation
- Attention to detail
Candidates must have either Australian or New Zealand citizenship or an appropriate permanent working visa.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.