Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Consumer Sector, Analyst, Sydney
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Sydney Consumer sector team, to work with their team to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Equity Research team in Sydney. Principal responsibilities include:
- Providing support to single stock research analysts
- Building, maintaining and updating company forecast and valuation models
- Analyzing market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Write research notes on companies under coverage
- Working on company / sector-specific projects
- Conducting statistical analysis of economic data, fundamentals, and relevant correlations of the data
- Update monthly reports and marketing presentations
- Working closely with Content Management Group to ensure timely publication of research reports
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree (finance, accounting major preferable)
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work/conduct independently and with limited supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong ability to perform financial statement, business and valuation analysis
- Comparable business/financial/consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for equity research.
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity