Graduate Network Development Engineer - Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS), the largest consumer cloud offering in the world, is looking for graduate network engineers to join, learn, and grow with our Sydney engineering team!
AWS is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world! This is your opportunity to work directly on the platform that impacts millions of users worldwide, all from the comfort of our Sydney offices.
As a Network Development Engineer in the AWS team, you will be building, growing and maintaining Amazon's Retail and Web Services network. This is one of the most complex and largest-scale networks of its type, leveraging the latest in high-scale networking hardware, multi-tier topologies, and advanced tooling so that it can match Amazon's rapid growth. Members of this team play a key role in furthering these technologies, delivering ever-expanding network capacity and connectivity whilst ensuring a safe and reliable operating environment. This is often achieved through the development of automated systems and tooling for network operation.
Our Network Development Engineer Graduate program will place you in a number of different roles across our Network Reliability Engineering, Network Scaling and Deployment and Capacity Engineering teams. Here, you will also interact with a variety of internal customer, product and software development teams to expand your knowledge and hands-on skills in the latest network technologies, practices and operating environments, preparing you for your ongoing career in AWS networking. You will work with a mentor throughout the program and have real impact on the future of our platform whilst honing your networking and software development skills in a true production environment. Basic Qualifications
• Graduating in 2020 or have recently graduated (2019) from a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, preferably with a Networking major
• Strong verbal and written English communication
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, BGP, OSFP, ISIS, MPLS)
• Experience in at least one application or foundation programming language (Ruby, Python, Perl, Java, C++) Preferred Qualifications
• CCNA or equivalent level networking certification
• Network troubleshooting or support experience
This opportunity is only open to Australian Permanent Residents or Visa 485 or Australian and New Zealand Citizens
For more information about our team, visit https://aws.amazon.com/careers/network-careers-syd/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer- F/M/V/D