Group Product Manager, Growth
Atlassian's products are used by more than half of Fortune 100 companies to connect people with content and co-workers they need to get their jobs done, faster. The pace of innovation and change in the workplace is now greater than ever. Our tools powers teams to help them go from concept to launch, no matter what the project, making collaborating for teams of all sizes easier. Atlassian is poised to shape how people collaborate and work together now and well into the future, with Growth at its center. Come, be a part of this amazing journey!
Growth, is a mindset applied to product development where the true north star is user growth. Every strategy, every tactic, and every initiative, is attempted in the hopes of growing the product's user base. The Growth team is all about applying a scientific approach to find ways to accelerate Atlassian's user growth rate.
As a Group Product Manager, you will lead a team of passionate Product Managers and partner deeply with your peers in Engineering and Design to execute the Growth team's mission. As a member of the Growth leadership team, you will be responsible for the performance of the business, setting direction, executing an aggressive roadmap, and growing the world-class Product Management team under you.
Growth could be the team for you, if:
- You're interested in how users behave and what makes a product successful
- You have the niggling suspicion that a deeper analysis of product features might uncover why some of them work, and why others are literally never used by anyone
- You love the idea of rapidly iterating on new features as experiments to find ones that move the needle, and hits customer engagement and growth out of the ballpark
- You've got a honed attention to detail; solid understanding and appreciation of data to help formulate new ideas.
- You have prior success defining and launching excellent products, can pull off that delicate balancing act of prioritizing competing opportunities (including evaluating customer needs against our business priorities), and are a pro at communication, including writing and articulating a user case
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
More about our team
- 5+ years of experience leading Product Management teams, and experience leading multiple streams of work with multiple teams and roadmaps
- Experience in a high-growth software product organization, or a history of working with design and development to produce a great customer experience
- The ability to encourage your teams to build better products with a constant dedication to understand, question, and improve the experiences for our users
- An obsession for customers, and working directly with design and engineering to ship delightful products
Product Managers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete product offering, from early stage research and ideation, through to implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are believers in 'lean', which means we despise documentation for documentations sake. We are deeply ambitious and do our very best at all times to validate assumptions about our users, with various types of testing. We are not looking for product managers who just want to concentrate on one area, such as user research or visual design - we need you to be eager to deliver across the entirety of the product development lifecycle. We are keen for you to bring experience that you can impart on the rest of us but also have the interest to improve in many other skills, and be driven to constantly learn and improve.
Product development teams are led by a triad of team members - a product manager, a design lead, and engineering lead. We work collaboratively, with the product manager as the decision maker for product strategy, road map, and feature priorities. More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.