Intern - Asset Management Support team
Why be an IBM Intern?
- Exposure into the latest technologies that are revolutionising the way businesses think, communicate and operate.
- Learn from industry-leading professionals, who will be investing in your training and development
- Become fully equipped with the knowledge and skills to advance your career in technology
- Opportunities to grow: Our Interns move on to successful careers in a diverse range of fields. Some perform a Level 1 support role, others delve in to business consulting and look at reporting/analytics.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This team provides Level 2 Technical Support for customers across Asia-Pacific in relation to asset management software products.
As an Intern, you will:
- Monitor queues for severity 1 (urgent) cases that come in and assign them or notify other Dispatchers in other geographies.
- Communicate with clients via email and over the phone
- Handle cases coming from other software teams and assist with reassigning cases to other Support teams in the UK and North America
- Have an opportunity to perform Level 1 support role
- Manage updates for the online team Wiki and work on reports / analytics
- Get involved with projects run by the Australian Development Lab
- Shadow people outside of the team such as onsite consultations, pre sales demo's etc.
What skills and attributes do I need to be successful in this role?
- At IBM we are interested in candidates who have a passion for technology and come from one of the following degrees: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Systems or other degrees with a technical focus.
- Customer service experience is highly desirable, in particular a good phone manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently when required.
- A growth mindset, and commitment to continuous learning and personal development
This is a full-time internship, lasting 12months. It will commence in March 2021.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Will be enrolled in a tertiary degree at an Australia university for the duration of the internship
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- Maintain a credit average, and
- Are an Australian Citizen.
Don't wait to apply, we recruit on a rolling basis.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Our process includes Talent Acquisition reviewing applications, selecting candidates to complete online cognitive assessments (invitation received via email), then shortlisting candidates to complete the interview process.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world.
Your Life @ IBM
Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.