Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The InvesTech Associate (IA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor's students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This year we are recruiting associates to be based in our Sydney office. The three-year program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as gain knowledge of the different business divisions that support our investment functions.
The program is split into two parts: (1) for the first 1.5 years you will be working on your business and technical skill set all while assimilating into the firm, your job and our culture and (2) the second 1.5 years you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and will be placed into positions across the firm that are complementary to your skills and interests, and the firm's business need. IAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current IA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices across the globe.
We expect new entrants to join the InvesTech Associate Program upon their graduation from university. As part of your onboarding you will participate through our Base Camp Development Program. This program is designed to equip you with new skills and knowledge of our clients, industry, firm, and culture while developing a strong internal network of both your peers and senior colleagues that will set you up for a successful transition into the firm. By investing in your personal growth at the beginning, you will help us continue to exceed our client's expectations.
The InvesTech Group (IG) consist of Managers and Analysts who focus their time on providing each of Wellingtons investment teams with the data, controls and support they need to ensure that their investment intent is accurately reflected in portfolios in accordance with client, regulatory and operational requirements. The Sydney IGteam consists of three Analysts and one existing Associate and one interns who are responsible for a number of IG functions. All positions including the IA role are expected to be responsible for multiple functions and are therefore considered generalist in nature where you can gain exposure across the entire IG department. Some of the areas that the IA role will be involved in include:
- •Securities pricing
- •Security Setup Analysis
- •Client reporting and requests
- Corporate Action Processing
- Trade Settlements
- Cash Flow Processing
- Reconciliation oversight
- OTC Derivatives processing and query resolution
- Assist to build and maintain relationships with external service providers (custodian banks, brokers, and other third party vendors)
- Provide operational support for the local investment and relationship teams in the APAC region
This IA role provides the opportunity to develop analytical/problem solving skills and deepen investment knowledge by attending company management meetings, accessing the firm's proprietary research notes and observing the daily investor meetings.
The position is based in our Sydney office, with regular business hours from Monday to Friday.
This program will run from January 2021 until January 2024. Candidates must have work visa eligibility for the duration of the program. Qualifications
- University degree earned in 2020 or 2021
- Degree focus in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field preferred, but not required as all degrees will be considered
- Demonstrated passion for investment management and markets
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills (e.g., foreign language skills)
- Familiarity with diverse cultures and the ability to collaborate within a diverse environment
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics, community service, and/or extracurricular activities
- Geographic flexibility with global mindset
- Strong grades in courses taken that emphasize analytical skills would be considered a plus
Qualified candidates should submit:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Demonstrated resourceful creative thinker and problem solver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Statement of interest, 1 page, indicating why you are interested in this role at Wellington
- Unofficial transcript of grades
Deadline to apply is: 20 Nov 2020
All documents should be submitted at one time in PDF format titled with your Last and First name. When you attach your resume, you can also attach your statement of interest and transcript. You cannot change or update your application after you submit it.
Candidates will be notified of their application status via email after the application deadline. If selected to continue, first round phone screens will be scheduled. Final round interviews will take place Dec 2020 virtually. SKILLS JOB TITLE
InvesTech Associate LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .