As a talented and highly motivated Java Developer with 5+ years solid experience you will join a team ambitious to build intelligent and innovative services using chat bots and machine learning to play a central role in driving digital and automation transformation. This is an exciting role for the right candidate where you will apply your sound engineering knowledge and keen interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence to create enterprise-scale automation and chat bot frameworks, with high quality UIs to deliver visibility and control directly to internal and external users.
Our multi-talented and diverse team is driven to innovate, and we thrive on effective integration with leading technology and vendor products. To succeed in this role, you need to be self-motivated, able to operate in a fast-paced, agile environment and possess good communication skills to engage with all levels of our stakeholders.
We anticipate to excel in this role you will :
- write code as your primary daily responsibility, leveraging a variety of technologies and languages to deliver high quality software that is thoroughly tested and optimised
- Have a keen interest in building chat bot, machine learning, AI solutions to deliver huge efficiency gains to internal and external users
- design, develop and maintain software in line with the teams' service objectives and agile delivery cadences
- provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- participate in the extended machine learning engineering and solution design community across Macquarie to exchange ideas and collaborate where beneficial for the team to achieve its goals and extend its approved integrations
- adhere to security policies and restrictions that apply to tier one services and create solutions that comply.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
Additional experience in the following will be highly regarded:
- 5+ years full-stack Software development and delivery experience
- solid Java knowledge, up-to-date and familiar in Java version 8 and beyond
- sound knowledge of Spring family of technologies like Spring Boot or similar Java EE
- technical expertise in designing and delivering cloud-based Software
- some familiarity and exposure to chat and machine learning concepts
- React or Angular 2/4/etc front-end technologies
- understanding of solution architecture
- understanding of data structures and algorithms
- experience of AWS and GCP infrastructure services.
You will bring a resilient character and relish opportunities to stretch yourself. If this sounds like you then get in touch! We also welcome candidates from different backgrounds who believe they have what it takes to succeed. If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply via the link below or contact email@example.com for more information.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program Advertised:
03 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close: