Low-Latency Systems Engineer - SYDNEY
Leading global market maker leveraging technology to solve challenges in the markets is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to reduce complexity in and improve performance of trading systems.
Working within a dynamic team in Sydney, Systems Engineers at this firm are responsible for the deployment and configuration of all Linux-based systems and services. You'll work directly with researchers, application development and other infrastructure teams as they grow their presence in the APAC region.
This is a team of highly skilled engineers who oversee reliability, availability and performance, working with the global systems team to improve technology, while innovating and pushing for APAC autonomy. Requirements:
- Strong, comprehensive understanding of Linux engineering and administration methods
- Solid understanding of data protection schemes, how they're commonly deployed, and how they fail: erasure coding, replication, RAID, snapshots, etc.
- Familiarity with tuning OS and kernel parameters for improved performance, and tools such as Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Comfortable working with common scripting languages, such as Python
- Broad experience with common infrastructure services, such as DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Kerberos, etc.
- Hugely collaborative environment between teams, not siloed like other firms
- Competitive compensation: truly flat structure; feel valued for your input and be rewarded for great ideas
- Work with the latest technologies on complex problems
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Cajovi Daniel