M&A Valuations - Analyst
Gain M&A experience, build your technical skills and platform your career as you assist high profile clients with complex valuations. Are you in?
What will your typical day look like?
You will be involved in the following:
About the team
- Working with a supportive and collegial team actively exercising intellectual enquiry and commercial acumen
- Advising clients on high-profile transactions involving ASX-listed corporates and iconic private companies, unique business/asset valuations involving intellectual property
- In-depth company, economic, industry, capital markets and competitor research, data analytics and benchmarking
- Employment of various valuation methodologies such as discounted cash flow, earnings multiples, excess earnings, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc
- Bespoke financial modelling and analytics to facilitate the valuation, including scenario/sensitivity/statistical analysis
- Communicating the findings and our opinions through the preparation of reports, exhibits, letters and presentations
- Participation in business development and sales initiatives.
We know that Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) are a huge deal for businesses, so we make sure it succeeds from start to finish. Through constant collaboration and professional development, we turn clients' frustration into assurance with our sophisticated and tailored M&A advice. Our Valuations team helps clients understand the worth of entities, assets and liabilities so as to make informed business and investment decisions. Enough about us, let's talk about you.
Are you a natural collaborator who is able to think unconventionally, apply commercial thinking and challenge the status quo in designing solutions to real and technical problems? We seek (and reward) talent with a strong problem solving attitude founded on the use of innovative solutions. You are someone with:
- Minimum 12 months' experience in a financial environment
- Bachelor or Master degree in finance, economics, mathematics, actuarial or data science, with an interest in undertaking a relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CFA, MBA or Masters in Finance)
- Strong MS Office skills (including Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Competency in, and a keen interest in further developing, complex valuations/modelling or data analysis and using innovation to drive efficiency
- An interest in the business environment, how businesses work and generate value
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP172275