Manager/Senior Manager with quantitative experience in Superannuation or Wealth Management - Sydney
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for quantitative Managers or Senior Managers who are interested in growing their career alongside actuaries, within our growing Advisory practice. This role is offered on a flexible part time/full time basis. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Work with a number of senior professionals across a range of superannuation and wealth management projects, including product development, member advice reviews and investor restitution
- Develop relationships in the superannuation and wealth management sectors and provide a high level of client service through delivery of projects
- Deliver pragmatic commercial solutions to our superannuation and wealth management clients
- Assist in providing advice to our clients in matters relating to investor fairness and equity, restoring the financial position of disadvantaged investors and enhancing existing operations
- Utilise data analytics and robots to identify operational weaknesses, arbitrage opportunities and other investor inequities.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Worked in the financial services industry for a number of years, perhaps having worked within a superannuation fund (or funds) or gained an understanding of aspects of funds' operations, product, technology and finance.
- Be able to interpret results from analysis to bring to light the issues that matter
- Analytical and other quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills including the ability to prepare insightful reports for clients
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory environment of the Australian financial services sector including superannuation
- At least 5 years' experience in the superannuation or wealth management sectors across one or more of the following areas: unit pricing, asset and liability valuation, remediation, funds management, risk management and product development (including insurance in superannuation)
- Be able to work in multi-disciplinary teams, valuing and interpreting other subject matter expertise to build new solutions for our clients.
- Ability to manage projects, pursue new opportunities and develop and mentor junior staff as appropriate
You do not need to have an actuarial background but are highly numerate, as your analytical skills and experience will be used to help clients enhance their member experience and execute remediation activities where issues have arisen. Who are FSO?
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Apply and see where a career with FSO Advisory can take you! What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.