Manager - Project Risk Consulting
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- KPMG Australia
- 22 janv. 18
See job description for details
- Opportunity to be involved in many interesting construction and infrastructure projects across Australia
- Access and exposure to executive and board-level clients
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
KPMG's Project Risk Consulting team works with organisations investing in long term construction and infrastructure projects, to help protect them against major delays, cost overruns, waste and irregularities. Due to recent growth, the Sydney and Melbourne teams are looking to appoint either a Manager to contribute to this fast-growing practice.
Your new role
As a member of the Project Risk Consulting team, you could expect to assist clients by:
- Analysing process steps in the appraisal, selection, establishment and delivery of major projects
- Giving project owners real-time, objective feedback on project progress to mitigate cost escalation, schedule extensions, quality and scope adjustments and other project risks
- Developing structured work plans for monitoring key stakeholder outputs based on sound industry practices, first-hand industry knowledge and an impressive track record in big projects
- Managing junior team members
- Assisting with the practice's leadership in the delivery of continued growth through business development activities.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will:
- Possess a commercial, contract management, engineering or science or qualification as well as a Prince2, PMI or equivalent project management qualification ideally coupled with a business-related post graduate qualification (not essential)
- Have experience in project management and project delivery resulting in strong commercial management, contract management, risk management, estimating and schedule management skills
- Demonstrate consulting and advisory skills and experience, with business development related activities considered very favourably
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 12 Jan 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time