Manager Risk & Control Enablement - Market Operations
Do work that matters
Enterprise Services (ES) delivers the Group's information technology and banking operations functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
The ES Chief Controls Office is a first line of accountability function who are a group of trusted and skilled risk management experts empowering our business. The purpose of the Chief Controls Office is to enable our business to be safe, sound and secure underpinned by strong risk management. The teams advise and support the ES businesses and business partners on risk, controls and change initiatives to deliver business outcomes within risk appetite. See yourself in our team
The Market Operations business is a dynamic organisation with a team of c.660 operations professionals located in 7 countries and offering 24 x 5.5 support. They provide Operations and Middle Office services to CBA's Global Markets, CommSec, Private Bank, Group Treasury and Institutional Bank businesses.
The role is dedicated to exclusively support Traded Products Operations Middle Office
(TPO MO) is part of Market Operations and provides operational support for traded products dealt with through the Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) Division of the Bank.
This team is accountable for processing a large volume of transactions relating to institutional clients' products ranging end-to-end banking and transactional needs. The team manage direct customer transactions and stakeholder relationships across IB&M including Relationship teams and Product Management teams. In any given week you will
Your path looks like
- Be responsible for supporting the TPO MO to design and implement controls and develop process maps to enable better risk and compliance outcomes.
- Be responsible for ensuring TPO MO risks are profiled and captured in the Risk Profile (RCSA) and update when risk trigger events occur
- Manage root cause analysis of issues and incidents, identifying and implementing control improvements for TPO MO
- Be responsible for the effective design of controls for all new and changing processes and operations, and support TPO MO through the implementation
- Work effectively with Line 2 colleagues to determine optimal course of action to remediate any significant data integrity issues within the TPO MO business.
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within the ES Controls Office and beyond the wider CBA group. We'll help you find the next step that's right for you and enable you to be your best. We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting, economics etc.
- Prior experience in banking/financial services/other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks would be advantageous.
- Institutional Banking / Corporate Banking experience - desirable.
- Influencing and consulting skills, the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 06/08/2020