Mergers & Acquisitions - People & Culture Lead
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
In Asia Pacific (APAC), Cognizant has strong presence in key growth markets like Australia, Singapore, India, Japan, China, Hong Kong, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc. It has grown rapidly in these regions and is now poised for exponential growth. We are now seeking leaders with a trail blazing track record of growth to fuel this growth story. Your passion, integrity and experience are integral to Cognizant's success. We take pride in our partnership with our clients, so your ability to add value and provide exceptional service to our clients are fundamental to your success. In return, you will be empowered with opportunities and support to develop your career and collaborate with people focused on innovation and ideas.
Following several years of sequential growth we are looking to recruit a senior Human Resources team member to support the people aspects surrounding our increasing number acquisitions and integrations of acquired entities. The role will also support global acquisitions driven from other geographies which impact APAC.
The key deliverables of the role will be:
- Lead the people integration efforts of potential/current acquisition and define the integration plan while partnering with cross-functional leadership.
- Identification of Human Resources implications & risk analysis of all people aspects in the target for example defined pay & benefits, retirement clauses, retention, change of control clauses, cost of employment, litigation etc.
- Discuss and provide input and advice on compensation and retention arrangements for management and key employees as well as prepare (with required advisor support) new employment contracts for closing if required.
- Work closely with compensation and benefits, People & Culture team and Academy building virtual teams to evaluate synergies in the target and harmonization/integration approach.
- Carry out cultural assessment and lead local teams in identifying key areas for consideration in integration
- Work as an active member to monitor and to review the HR integration as part of the "look back" process. Be pro-active to identify issues and recommend mitigation strategy. Be prepared to document the lessons learnt and share the information with the leadership team.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- HR/law degree level qualification
- Circa 10 years HR experience in acquisitions & transformation, change management, employee engagement, HR transformation and implementation
- Minimum 5 years successfully leading HR projects within an IT/technology/consulting environment
- Good understanding of compensation and benefits arrangements
- Extensive working experience of ANZ region and at least one other ASEAN country.
- Ability to embrace using data and metrics to drive a people operations strategy.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills matched by strong organizational capabilities.
- Track record of building strong relationships across a global organization and influencing key stakeholders including senior leadership in a fast-paced environment