Network Development Engineer
Amazon's Enterprise Network Deployment team is looking to hire Network Engineers to help scale and automate deployment of one of the worlds largest and complex networks.
The Enterprise Network provides mission-critical global connectivity for internal services and business applications, datacenter infrastructure equipment, and 1,000,000+ internal users. In this role you will look for innovative and creative ways to automate and scale our next-generation network architectures.
We are seeking an experienced Network Development Engineer to join a highly skilled team that designs and automates the deployment and growth of next generation networking products deployed to AWS Datacenters globally.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service and AWS services.
• Deploy, scale and automate our network across many global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and new locations.
• Identify automation opportunities and develop tooling and automation to increase scaling velocity and quality.
• Create simple, repeatable deployment processes, and improve upon existing processes.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
• Work closely with our automation teams in defining the platforms and frameworks that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field
• 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
• Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.