Product Manager - Merchant Solutions
- Permanent Opportunity
- Sydney Location
Business Bank (BB) offer a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers.
We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
Everyday Business Banking (EDPP) is a centre of excellence for innovation development and capability within the Group. We develop transformative technology and products of innovation including: payments acceptance, the NPP and our Albert terminals.
Merchant Solutions supports our clients to operate and grow their business, through the provision of innovative payment solutions that help them better engage with their customers and suppliers Our purpose is to improve the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities. See yourself in our team
The purpose of the role is to lead and execute strategic programs of work for the Bank's Merchant Solutions product suite across all sales segments to honour the commitments the Bank has to customers, regulators and communities.
You will be accountable for delivering major programs of work on time, on budget and within sustainable outcomes.
You will implement critical change programs to improve the way the business manages risk, and to simply processes and product offerings Do Work That Matters
The role will report to the Executive Manager Capability Management and works closely with other teams in Merchant Solutions, as well as key stakeholders including sales segments, technology teams, operational teams, product risk and key vendors.
This role, at different times will have direct reports as required to deliver programs / projects. More specifically you will;
Help us deliver a better future for Everyday Business Banking:
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct . The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behavior, actions and decisions we expect from our people.
- Detailed end-to-end mapping of current processes, across all capability dimensions (e.g. legal, process, technology/ tools, data, people, defining process inputs and outcomes)
- Operationalization and execution against strategy: work closely with sales and product teams (and external clients as required), back office and relevant stakeholders (e.g. risk, IT, finance, marketing) to drive positive change and innovation that delivers an optimal customer experience across digital, distribution and operations, is consistent against strategy and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Program management: Leverage change, stakeholder and project management skills to develop and deliver quality outcomes against project schedules and benefits, working collaboratively with internal and external clients. This includes all required CBA Governance including steering groups etc.
- Leading process improvement initiatives: review and improve our end to end processes and ensure a solid combination of customer, risk and productivity focus is embedded in the business.
- Risk leadership: actively contribute to and embed a risk management culture of the team across regulatory / compliance / operational and credit risks
- External Compliance: Ensure that all product and initiative developments are fully compliant with external requirements (especially Card Schemes). Monitor developments in the compliance and ensure that product and initiative development pipelines encompass emerging compliance requirements.
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Operational product expertise
- Experience with agile project management skill set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work flexibly through change
- Ability to lead multiple initiatives and manage tight timeframes
- Prior product development and client facing experience
- Lean Six Sigma certification is favorable
- Applicable and relevant University qualification
- 3+ years product development/management experience
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 09/07/2020