Sales Development Associate, Sydney, Fitch Solutions (23681)
Fitch Solutions is an industry-leading provider of credit, debt market, and macro intelligence solutions, and the primary distributor of Fitch Ratings content. Today, 90% of the world's leading banks and financial institutions, as well as multinational companies, government agencies, and consulting firms based across the globe depend on Fitch content to inform their business decisions.
Fitch Solutions is part of Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst . Role Purpose
The Business Development Associate (BDA) role is focused on supporting sales teams through lead generation, helping reduce possibility of cancellations and booking new business meetings. The Business Development Associate will have a specific focus on researching, prospecting, training and qualifying leads, in order to help drive the sales pipeline. This is a role for someone keen to develop their career in sales. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, this role is focused on the earliest stage of our sales process, as well as post-sales support. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, commercial, and sales orientated individual keen to develop their sales career within a growing sales function. Key Accountabilities
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Work with the Sales Specialist to lead, plan and implement a strategy for targeting new accounts within specific products or geographies.
- Lead sourcing: researching and building lists of potential new clients within a specific vertical and territory
- Cold calling and pitching aforementioned lists and telephone sourced prospects
- Booking introductory client meetings and conference calls
- Follow up on warm leads - must be able to convert inbound leads into prospects by properly qualifying opportunities
- Delivering activity objectives for given territories
- Assist in ongoing client communication
- Working with other regional sales and marketing teams
- Produce weekly pipeline reports summarising the above processes, maintaining up-to-date client records using a variety of internal systems and using Excel, Outlook, and the current CRM database: SalesForce.com
Application: We are not seeking assistance from recruiters at this time. To apply, please submit a short cover letter stating your suitability for the role plus details of any valid visa that you hold and your up-to-date CV. Please also enter your current and desired gross annual salary and notice period in the applicable spaces when completing your application but do not include them in your CV . We regret we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) within a Finance, Business, Commerce or Economics discipline. Knowledge of Fixed Incomes is preferred
- Experience in a client facing role with cold calling experience
- Confident and professional telephone manner to d evelop rapport quickly with prospective clients.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with a bility to communicate clearly and concisely by email
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Proficient user of Outlook and other Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Applicants must have excellent attention to detail, be pro-active and hardworking
- Fluency in English is essential, additional European languages will be an advantage but not essential.
- Strong initiative/results driven
- Knowledge of Salesforce considered a bonus
- Interest in Business, Finance, economics and world affairs