Senior Building Consultant / Chartered Surveyor / Structural Engineer
513659 Work type:
Permanent Full Time Location:
Infrastructure, Assets and Places Senior Building Consultant, Property & Environmental Services | Infrastructure, Assets & Places About KPMG
- Help build a better Australia
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Join a market-leading team delivering some of Australia's most significant infrastructure projects and programs
- Enjoy our flexible working environment
As part of one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms, KPMG Australia's Infrastructure, Assets and Places
(IAP) group brings together market-leading strategic, commercial and technical capabilities to create something that is truly unique for our clients and our people.
We are looking for talented individuals who share our purpose of building a better Australia through the planning, procurement, delivery and optimisation of infrastructure, assets and places.
A core part of the vision for IAP is to attract and retain the best people as a destination employer - offering rewarding careers and investing in the growth of our people.
We are committed to sustaining a positive culture that is:
KPMG Property & Environmental Services
- Bold and agile
- Diverse and inclusive
- Collaborative and trusting
- Energetic, ambitious and fun.
is a team of Chartered Surveyors, Environmental Scientists, Structural Engineers, Building Certifiers, tax specialists and accountants located across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. Focusing primarily on commercial real estate: office, retail, industrial, hotels we also are well represented across government and corporate Australia. Our principal services are technical due diligence, environmental investigations, sustainability services, project management, condition reporting and tax depreciation and fixed asset analysis. We service property fund managers, state and federal government as well as blue chip corporate clients.
The core skills required for this role are the technical assessment of the physical condition of commercial buildings coupled with a clear understanding of client property and asset strategies, including the ability to apply a commercial lens to projects. We thrive on complexity and the discipline, collegiality, and vision that is required to drive successful outcomes.
To find out more click here . Why now and why us?
As a priority growth area for KPMG Australia, IAP is investing in both people and technology to enhance our capabilities - and to help our people flourish.
How we grow starts with you, and we believe how you grow matters. Your opportunity
This is an opportunity to pursue a slightly different career path if you are looking for a change to your current circumstances. You will excel in this role if you have first class technical skills and an inquisitive and searching attitude to building condition reports.
Requirements for the role:-
The KPMG Difference
- Relevant Degree/Diploma with a minimum of 5 years practical experience.
- Whilst not a pre-requisite, MRICS qualification would be an advantage.
- A demonstrated ability to deal with and assess large complex commercial, retail and industrial assets as well as the problems and issues to look for when dealing with due diligence assessments.
- Remedial engineering and/or defect diagnosis experience will be considered.
- The ability to write and present a cohesive, coherent and technically sound report for readership by high level executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to source relevant information from fellow professional consultants.
- A professional demeanour that will allow client-facing interaction with high level property executives in formal and informal settings.
- Working knowledge of RICS Guidance Notes is an advantage.
- An appropriate Australian work visa.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics that our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG! Advertised:
12 Oct 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
12 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now