Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst About Us
CommBank is recognised as leading the banking industry in IT and operations with its world-class platforms and processes, agile IT infrastructure, and innovation in everything from payments to internet banking and mobile applications. Team
The Integrated Channels Team is made up of passionate people who are helping to build simple, smart and secure experiences for our customers and staff. We enable the Customer Services Network, Direct Channels and other Contact Centre stakeholders achieve their strategic objectives through planning, prioritising, supporting systems and delivering projects and initiatives. Role
Gathers information, documents and analyses business needs and requirements to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes.
Liaises with stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organisation and to recommend solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals Key Responsibilities
- Business analysis planning and monitoring to determine which activities are necessary to identify relevant stakeholders, select appropriate techniques and processes to manage requirements and provide constant assessment of progress
- Gather, organise and synthesize large amounts of information from various sources (business and technical)
- Working with stakeholders to understand their needs, concerns or opportunities for improvement within the environments they operate in
- Ensure actual needs opposed to stated or superficial needs are addressed and adhered to
- Effectively identify and define business needs and manage problems/issues to enable a feasible solution scope to be developed
- Effectively communicating requirements to stakeholders, managing conflicts, issues and changes in order to ensure that stakeholders and project team members remain in agreement on solution scope
- Assess and document the current state of business to identify and recommend improvements and verification and validation of resulting requirements
- Effectively contributes to the conversion of business needs into functional designs
- Identifies and manages gaps, determining the effectiveness of proposed solutions and developing Business Requirements documents and models
- Organises, facilitates and participates in various workshops eg. Discovery, Inception and Testing
- Complete or oversee project/program work stream deliverables including quality control/sign off for area of accountability
- Foster continuous improvement practices, ensuring the team continually evaluates the effectiveness of delivery tools, processes and methodologies and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Determine the effectiveness of proposed solutions including the identification any associated risks as well as the risk for not implementing the solution and the relevant trade-offs
- Contribute to continuous improvement practices and seeks out opportunities to make the team more efficient and the processes more lean
- Participate in stand-ups/huddles, provided relevant stakeholder tuition, transition workshops; and
- Provide accurate and complete documentation eg. Business Requirement documents; concept papers; design specifications, delivery of learning's to end users (incl. standard operating procedures)
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by your manager that you have the capability to perform safely in line with relevant internal Bank policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Enables, motivates, directs and continuously develops a committed, empowered, and high-performing team.
- Provides team leadership and mentoring to others in project team and other Technical BAs.
- Experience managing business analysis teams covering multiple projects and programmes
- Understanding of BABOK® Knowledge Areas
- Experience working in technology enabled change programs/projects
- Digital and Contact Centre exposure
- Working with Governance Delivery Frameworks and Agile ways of Work
At CommBank we provide a range of benefits including competitive pay, an employee share plan, child care centres and even access to our not-for-profit private health insurance. We also get that people have lives outside of work and try to support you in the best possible way; whether that's looking at job sharing or multiple flexible working arrangements or even leave options to help you juggle your work and personal circumstances. We believe that investing in our people is the key to our ongoing success.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/05/2020