Senior Business & Technical Consultant (1-year Contract)
Due to continued business growth, we are now looking to hire a number of experienced Business & Technical Consultants in our Sydney office.
As part of the Global Delivery team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment and will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the ongoing success of Avaloq.
As a Business & Technical Consultant at Avaloq, you will have the chance to establish a varied career in consultancy and/or project management by working for one of the leading providers of FinTech solutions to wealth managers and banks. Your Mission
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join Avaloq at an exciting period of growth, while getting the chance to play an important part in some major projects.
With a background in the wealth management or banking industries, you will:
What you need
- Act as a lead interface between customer business requirements and Avaloq Banking Suite (ABS) standard. Advice on the best way to use the ABS.
- Be responsible for supporting project managers on client implementations and change programs.
- Take responsibility for leading & managing streams of work which may involve management of further resources.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Design solutions, processes, conduct workshops with clients, perform gap analysis.
- You will also be heavily involved in running meetings and delivering presentations
- Implement modules of Avaloq Core & Digital Platforms at customers as a developer or analyst using business/ technical knowledge and experience.
- Proactively identify and solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Perform defined stream leading duties in customer projects or implementation, lead domains (technical, business and cross stream topics)
- Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommend process, product or service improvements
- Drive on site support session to ramp up client knowledge and focus the client on the business objectives. Support client activities during testing phases.
- Supports sales presentation and present them in workshops.
- Provide advice on how to optimize the use of ABS and related tools.
- Knowledge and experience of Avaloq Banking Suite (ABS) products is a must
- Over 5 years' experience of working in the financial services or wealth management sector
- Good working knowledge of querying languages (SQL, Pl/SQL preferred), relational database systems (Oracle preferred) and any object-oriented programming language
- Previous background in IT development/ support roles and experience in one or more business domains relevant for financial services or wealth management sector.
- Significant experience of software implementation projects and understanding of project implementation methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can form robust working relationships with internal teams and clients
- Naturally analytical and have exceptional problem solving abilities
- Strong desire to develop skills in consultancy
- Previous experience working on technology change or business change projects
- Experience in lead roles for end-end delivery of software components is desirable