Senior Consultant Solution Design - Remote
A career that gives you more
We're changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world class information management and engineering culture to enable us to deliver an unprecedented pace of change and a customer experience second to none. As part of that journey NAB is embarking on a green-fields project to establish a world class Cloud Data Lake,
What you will bring:
- Communicate the design of multiple capabilities or microservices within the Data Enterprise Services and architect and design the solution for the next and future releases, through diagrams and fit-for-purpose supporting documentation
- Specify and explain interfaces and container and component boundaries
- Consult and engage the members of your agile team to help them realise the design, and actively participate in spikes and third-party product/technology evaluations
- Advise and inform the team and stakeholders on the value and appropriate investment in decoupling and positioning for evolutionary architecture
- Participate in the chapter of Solution Designers across the Services and wider Design community across the Bank to stay abreast of and apply industry best practices in architecture, design and solution lifecycle.
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as "remote" due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process. Your new team
- Technical expertise in architecture, design and delivery of Big Data platforms and tools is essential
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other Cloud providers is essential and certifications will be highly regarded
- Deep understanding of design within the practice of Data Engineering, including data integration (ETL) and modelling on appliances and cluster platforms
- Familiarity with design notations and techniques such as UML, Archimate, C4, etc. highly relevant
- Experience in building out greenfield capabilities / services and Agile software development practices
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
27 May 2020 2:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time