Senior Consultants & Managers - Actuarial Life Insurance
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- KPMG Australia
- 25 févr. 18
See job description for details
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Growing and dynamic team
- Large and diverse client list
KPMG Actuarial and Financial Risk has a team of over 130 actuarial and finance risk professionals, based in Sydney and Melbourne. These professionals operate in life, general insurance and superannuation as well as finance, funds management and banking. Our team has a growing presence in non-traditional actuarial analytics across government and corporate sectors.
Our clients include the leading insurers and financial services companies operating in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region. Our wide range of projects includes traditional actuarial roles such as Appointed Actuary, strategy advice and mergers and acquisitions.
We are currently recruiting life insurance actuaries to join our team. Ideally your skill-set and experience will support life insurance actuarial work, and you will have the drive and interest to support our on-going growth in wider areas.
At this time we are recruiting at the Senior Consultant (2 to 5 yearsâ€™ experience) and Manager (5 to 10 yearsâ€™ experience) levels. Enquiries from more senior people are welcome.
Your new role
Responsibilities will be tailored to your experience and will include:
- Working closely with partners, directors and other experienced staff to execute a range of ongoing assignments as well as projects including Appointed Actuary support and projects such as actuarial model development, experience investigations and actuarial system transformations;
- Working in a multidisciplinary team with opportunities in insurance, banking and wealth management businesses;
- The opportunity to be client facing, to delegate and supervise junior team members while being involved in whole projects, giving you the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of actuarial and wider business issues; and
- Career development through an extensive support and mentoring network
These roles can be tailored to fit the talented individual with the right aspirations.
Ideally you will have approximately 3 to 6 yearsâ€™ experience in either a corporate or consulting environment. Prophet, R and SQL skills are highly regarded.
You will want to be a consultant and aspire to have both technical excellence and outstanding consulting skills. You will have excellent technical skills and be passionate about making a difference to your clients, progressive in your thinking and willing to invest in your own career and develop in a supportive team environment.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Advertised: 27 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time