Senior Design Manager, Enterprise
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems and thrive on variety? If so, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for a Senior Design Manager in Sydney to work across a number of Atlassian products focused on some of our largest enterprise customers.
In this role you will lead and manage a team of designers, helping them develop their craft in all areas such as UX design and design research. You will also work closely with product managers, engineering and other stakeholders to define product strategy and champion the user experience in our products.
Ideally, you are passionate about making people better; you provide support and guidance to your team in constructive ways that inspire, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer the strategic design direction and grow design at Atlassian in Sydney, then this role could be for you.
You'll also have the opportunity to:
- Work with an R&D leadership team to shape the ways that teams collaborate across projects
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentorship, direction, leadership and support necessary to effectively envision and ship specific projects with a user focus
- Establish (and maintain) a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team
To be successful here, we encourage you to:
- Bring previous experience of having managed a design team
- Have a track record of planning and then driving product direction autonomously as a hands-on designer
- Show great facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like engineering and product
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership
- Be a self-starter with an eye for simple solutions and the ability to step into the customer's shoes
We'd love for you to:
More about the team
- Have experience leading designers across multiple product domains simultaneously
- Be able to show an example of having lead a cross-craft project that delivered measurable improvement to users
First and foremost, Design leaders at Atlassian are responsible for fostering and growing design talent. They're in it for the people and for leading others to succeed. At Atlassian, Design leaders are comfortable wearing many different hats - they're a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with, as well as a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to create and define product strategy and are directly accountable for the user experience. More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.