Senior DevOps Consultant - Sydney
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities About the role:
- Prepares as-is gap analysis document and design a proposed DevOps adoption roadmap.
- Establish a DevOps strategy for a project, portfolio or account using the necessary toolchain and DevOps pipeline.
- Use to analyze the clients' IT environment for achieving better efficiency using DevOps methodology and toolchain in traditional on-prem (App servers) or Cloud/ Containerized runtime (K8s or Apache Mesos and Marathon).
- Set up and configure the DevOps toolchain and define the integration requirements among the various tools of the toolchain to achieve end-to-end automation.
- Analyzes the software packaging requirements for build and deployment for a project and assess the integrity of the package in terms of QA and security (code quality and code coverage checks via tools like SONAR and its plugins).
- Experience to design a toolchain with Github/ GitLab (source control), Maven/ Gradle (build tools), Teamcity (preferred) or Jenkins scripting (Continuous Integration tool), Octopus Deploy (deployment tool), JFrog Artifactory (binary repository), SONARQube (code QA and code coverage).
- Knowledge to integrate Splunk and create dashboards.
- Java/ JDK/ JUnit or .NETNUnit.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise