Senior Engineer - Envision Engineering - APJC
What do we do?
The Envision Engineering team helps customers solve their most interesting business challenges by rapidly developing innovative prototypes using world-class cloud and open-source technologies. We've helped customers by using image recognition to find missing persons, Artificial Intelligence to optimize rideshares and Machine Learning to grade exam answers.
We are a team of problem-solvers and builders who work on customer problems that don't have cookie-cutter solutions. We often don't have the answers right away, and are expected to Dive Deep to figure out the best approach. The code we write provides immediate value for customers by showing how technology can solve their problems.
What's in it for you?
You will be part of an exceptional team of product managers and engineers where collaboration is highly valued, where innovation is something that happens every day, where taking risks is encouraged, and every day is Day One. You will face unique challenges, learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry and build deep expertise in the most sought after skills in the market. You will have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing, customer obsessed, and innovative companies in the world.
You won't get bored working on the same codebase. Each project is greenfield and approximately 6-8 weeks in length. These short innovation cycles will continually develop your design and engineering skills and you'll see results quickly.
You'll have access to a wealth of Amazon internal training, including instructor-led courses and talks from experts. This will give you the opportunity to become an AWS expert, gaining valuable expertise in AWS services used in Machine Learning, IoT, image recognition, chat bots, and Big Data. We will provide the environment and support to learn any new tools, libraries or frameworks.
What will you do?
• Feel a real sense of achievement from completing and delivering projects in less time than you thought possible.
• Get hands-on with a range of technologies and practice a range of disciplines: back-end, front-end, full-stack, DevOps, machine learning engineer, data scientist, data architect. We are curious generalists who don't pigeon-hole ourselves as particular "flavours" of engineer and never say "that's not my job".
• Collaborate with customers through full engagements; you'll learn about their business challenges, rapidly design and develop prototypes to solve them, showcase the functionality you've written in demos and finally see the difference you've made when customers deploy solutions into their production environments.
• Work with the latest AWS services and open-source technologies to build your prototypes. You'll always be encouraged to pick the right tools for the job. Basic Qualifications
• Strong experience building scalable and extensible production software systems
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field such as Math, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience as a software engineer
• Worked on multiple Agile delivery projects
• Experience developing production systems using modern programming languages and design patterns
• Designed, built and implemented complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers Preferred Qualifications
• Masters degree in a STEM field, such as Math, Computer Science, Engineering
• Experience building in cloud environments. AWS knowledge is preferred, but not essential
• Experience using one or more machine learning and/or deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, MXNet, scikit-learn)
• Demonstrated passion for learning and self-improvement
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality (L5 only)
• Experience collaborating with customers to gather requirements and feedback
• Experience designing and implementing clean APIs following RESTful concepts and/or using GraphQL
• Familiarity with solution architecture especially designing solutions to complex problems that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers all over the world, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology, and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Airbnb and Instagram, as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation