This position provides an opportunity to develop and deliver ongoing conduct risk advisory expertise as well as productivity improvements for risk controls relating to banking systems, policies and control systems across the broader Retail Banking organisation. Reporting to the Executive Manager Conduct Consumer Division, Conduct and Customer Outcomes, you will be responsible for successfully mitigating identified and unidentified risks whilst delivering superior outcomes for key stakeholders. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Developing and driving a strong conduct risk and risk control culture across the organisation
- Undertaking analysis, by researching trends domestically, and internationally. The use of data to detect emerging trends in conjunction with monitoring insights for new risk areas.
- Designing and implementing effective controls to prevent identified risks
- Integrating process improvements and bridging potential gaps relating to fraud, sales malpractice or pressure selling.
- Supporting incident reporting to consumer divisions and tracking open issues and remediation dates
- Involvement in projects relating to Conduct risk providing reviews and recommendations
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- Responsibility for a professional culture that is customer centric and displaying the core Westpac Values of One Team, Integrity and an Achievement driven approach.
- Develop working relationships with data analysts, risk and fraud operations, group investigations, executive management, and the broader stakeholder group in Conduct and Compliance remit
- Learning and Development:
- Development of your skills and staying abreast of risk and compliance trends through formal and informal programs, ensuring your own needs and aspirations are met and accreditation requirements are maintained.
- Tertiary qualifications in either business, finance, commerce or related discipline
- Proven track record in driving risk assessment and risk mitigation excellence withing a relevant business setting
- Capacity for numerical and analytical thinking and functioning
- Knowledge of the legal, compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Proven ability delivering projects operational improvement plans
- Effective problem solving and decision making capability
- Communication, Influencing and relationship building skills
Westpac Group is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. Joining Westpac has many perks besides building a long and stable career. For more information follow Westpac Groups LinkedIn Page and visit Westpac Group as an Employer. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
External Applications: Please attached your cover letter and resume to your application online
Internal Applications and Referrals: Please apply via peopleexpress links.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our priority and we will ensure that physical distancing requirements are met in all our workplaces as long as required.