Senior Product Control Analyst
- Base + Super + Bonus + Perks!
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Optiver Group
- 22 sept. 17 2017-09-22
Our product control team has oversight of all trading activities, supporting the business in a number of ways. We now have a senior position in this team that will have a broad, exciting remit.
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
Sydney is the hub of Optiver’s APAC operations and support trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation.
Product Control provides independent control of trading activities and is responsible for validating the trading balance sheet and ensuring the accuracy of P&L reporting. The team supports the business by providing timely and accurate information and ensuring that operational requirements are optimised. Middle Office provides the link to our (outsourced) back office teams, and internally works closely with Trading, Risk, Compliance, Financial Control, and Management Reporting.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious product controller with at least 3 years’ experience to join the Product Control team as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
In this broad and exciting role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the execution and reporting of daily P&L though validation and ownership of the trading balance sheet, in-line with Product Control policy.
- SME knowledge of desk trading strategies.
- SME knowledge of financial products across all asset classes.
- Reviewing and validating theoretical valuations of financial instruments.
- Be the primary escalation point for traders and other key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Guiding and supporting junior team members.
- Identifying and initiating small projects to improve efficiencies.
- Supporting trading with ad hoc requests.
- Ensuring operational optimisation for new trading strategies.
Skills and Experience
You will have demonstrated experience working in a similar role, with in-depth knowledge of Product Control and a broad knowledge of the markets, financial instruments, and the financial services industry; as well as expertise in financial analysis and reporting. You will be able to provide clear examples of process improvement and relevant qualifications.
To be considered, you must be able to demonstrate:
- CA/CPA equivalent
- A finance or related degree
- A control mindset and a demonstrated value mentality.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of derivative products (Index and equity options, forwards and futures, and warrants) and financial markets.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Product Control, with additional roles in Financial Control, Audit, or similar in a trading firm and/or bank.
- Continued learning.
- Strong excel skills (VBA and SQL will be highly regarded).
- Australian citizen or permanent resident.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, improved systems and streamlined processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo, and want to help you reach your potential. We also have an extensive list of amazing perks, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work.
If you are self-motivated and ambitious, and believe that you would thrive in our environment, please apply.