Senior Software Engineer
- Base + Super + Bonus + Perks!
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie Sydney Nouvelle-Galles du Sud AU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Optiver Group
- 08 avr. 18 2018-04-08
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join and drive forward development of our high-performance trading systems
Optiver is a market maker that is all about innovation. Technology enables everything we do, and all of the software that is used by our traders is built in-house, including complex trading engines, low-latency connectivity software, modern user interfaces and everything in-between.
Our software developers are fundamental to the success that we continue to experience. We operate in an industry that is characterised by rapid changes and new opportunities, which we must always be ready to handle. By allowing our talented technologists to collaborate with our business teams and one-another, we have been able to build an outstanding suite of very reliable, high performance systems and applications.
When hiring software developers, we look for the type of people that love to come to work in the knowledge that no two days are the same and that there will always be new technical problems to solve and new ways to improve the speed and success of our trading systems.
Our trading applications are written in C++, as we believe that this is the language most appropriate to the performance challenges that we face.
To be successful in this role, you should possess:
- A passion for delivering high quality software
- 5+ years of software engineering experience using C++
- Test-driven and data-driven design and development experience
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work in a self-sufficient manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with high-transaction, low-latency systems is desirable
- Australian / New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency required
In exchange for you joining our team, we offer you one of the best working environments in Australia. We have a friendly, open, relaxed culture with a fantastic selection of perks to be enjoyed in and out of our modern workplace.
We believe in an environment that promotes happiness, communication, collaboration and innovation. We encourage our people to share ideas and thoughts so that we can be the best that we possibly can.
To chat about this role or to hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards a great career move!