Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Design, Digital and Delivery (D3) team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-past implementation of our Customer Strategy.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, ideating on how to improve, designing and testing prototypes, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people. As the Service Designer your main responsibilities will include:
• Applying Human-Centred Design to individual journeys, by leading project/teams and squads through the design lab
• Nurturing HCD skills in participants, and supporting training and upskilling business wide
• Running design labs, help improve specific customer journeys
• Sharing insights with the Head of Service Design, to improve Service Blueprints, when new information on how we could make them even better arises.
• Day one: helping the Service Design Lead to articulate the initial Service Blueprints
• Championing and communicating what gaps we need to close in each Service Blueprint.
• Upskilling staff in the tools and application of HCD. Qualifications To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Relevant experience in designing Customer Experience or User Experience, either in an in-house or consulting capacity
• Demonstrable experience of transforming customer experiences through the application of design methodologies such as, Design Thinking, Customer Centred Design (CCD), Human-Centred Design (HCD), ideally within a financial or professional services context
• Proven talent applying CX/UX tools, such as Customer Experience (CX) research, customer interviews, insight synthesis, persona creation, User Experience research, analysis, market comparisons, customer journey design, prototyping and design iteration.
• Familiarity with common design and delivery approaches, such as Agile, Lean, Sprint and common collaboration tools, such as Jira or Trello.
• Post-graduate or technical accreditation in design, engineering or innovation-related business programs highly regarded
• The ability to work collaboratively with diverse and senior stakeholders, to influence and deliver enhanced customer outcomes.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions Learn more about careers at HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.