Site Manager - Sydney
The IBM Cloud IaaS Data Center Site Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of an enterprise level data center. He or She will be responsible for calculating metrics to analyze the performance of the data center technical staff. The DC Manager will also be responsible for efficiency improvements, process creation and improvement, and daily operational integrity.
Your Role and Responsibilities
About the Role You must:
- Display creativity and intellect in striving to constantly improve the operations of your data center
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, both verbally and in writing
- Capture metrics to analyze the performance of your staff
- Analyze, edit and create processes to improve operations
- Prepare and present quarterly objectives and results to the management staff
- Focus on mentoring and educating his supervisors
About you You must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner
- At least 3 years working in an enterprise data center
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- Flexible availability: this role is subject to Essential Operations staffing policy, requiring availability 24/7/365.
- Substantial server hardware knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, DNS, RDP, IPMI, SSH technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows 2000/2003 and Linux configuration and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate knowledge of various internet-related services and software (mail, web, DNS servers, etc)
- General understanding of computer networking concepts
- Some knowledge of web hosting control panels (Ensim, cPanel/WHM, Plesk, and Helm preferred).
- Certifications a plus: MCSE , RHCE, RHCT, Linux+, A+, CCNA
- Other essential skills:
- Must be able to work with others in a team environment.
- Customer focused attitude with some previous customer service experience.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise