Software Development Engineer - AWS Developer Tools
Do you want to build platforms and services that fundamentally improve test automation for your fellow software developers? The AWS Test Automation Platform team is looking for passionate software developers to transform the way our customers improve, write and execute test automation software. We develop frameworks and services that enable teams to improve the quality of their products through testing and feedback at every stage of the software lifecycle. We make best practices the path of least resistance, our tools are automated, intelligent, ubiquitous and wherever possible we automatically perform actions on behalf of our customers/software engineers.
In this role, you will:
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
• Work with various teams and technologies and become intimate with the architecture of our systems and be responsible for diving deep into code, while developing solutions for our customers and services.
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Work closely with internal teams to prioritize, design and build custom applications.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about quality, demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills, be able to work independently and deal with ambiguous situations. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years' full-time experience in software design and development
• Proficiency with at least one object-oriented language (e.g. Java, Python)
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong knowledge of software development methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDE role
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Coding experience with frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills