Software Development Engineer - AWS Networking
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer to join the Data Centre Networks (DCN) team in Sydney. This team is working to automate away tasks traditionally done manually by network engineers. This is a great opportunity to work on a team with global impact in driving forward the stability and scalability of the Amazon Network.
The mission of the team is to provide a platform to support device remediation globally across the Amazon network. Our software allows Network Engineers to remediation steps traditionally done manually allowing them to scale these remediation across thousands of devices within our centres. This allows network engineers to focus on creating more innovative steps to remediate our network rather than worrying about how to scale their changes to the ever-growing size of the Amazon network. The team is composed of multiple different technical disciplines including Software Engineers, Systems Development Engineers and Network Engineers. This role offers the chance to work on a new software platform within Amazon with far reaching impact across business.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy working on new platforms using bespoke technology, are passionate about technology and can bring a fresh perspective to the team especially around software engineering best practices. They have the desire and ability to work closely with their peers and customers in a fast paced, collaborative environment and are always looking to broaden their skills and innovate in the role.
• Work as part of a diverse team on complex systems to solve complex network problems.
• Work on the complete software development life cycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing.
• Take a lead role in delivering best practices within the team with regards to the software development process.
• Work closely with teams to drive requirements and roll-out of new features.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• 1 years' experience software development environment.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++ or C#.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proficient in Python
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Excellent analytical skills
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.