Software Solutions Architect (ISV)
Want to work and belong within a company whose mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company? This Software Solutions Architect role sits within the Independent Software Vendor group (ISV) who work with some of Australia's most innovative and fast moving B2B companies. We work with these businesses helping them scale-up and grow globally. Working alongside the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ISV team the SA will have a meaningful impact in making Australia more globally significant as a software innovation hub.
Are you; A passionate builder? A self-learner? Love experimentation? A deep technical thinker? A builder of trusting relationships? An Innovator, A simplifier of problems? Yearning to meaningfully help customers reach their goals? If you are, then this role is for you. In the SA role you will be encouraged and supported to be who you want to be and work somewhere where you truly belong?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Solutions Architects in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia to join the ISV team who focus on driving adoption of Amazon Web Services, in the pursuit of helping businesses meet their goals on behalf of their customers. Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a Solutions Architect in the ISV business, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation through continuous improvement, software development and deployment best practices, and help these businesses stay on top of the latest technology trends in software and solutions architecture in the cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Many Australian software businesses are investing in modernising their technology stacks and platforms to iterate faster, increase software and product feature velocity, achieve a global reach for their products and services, improve the security posture for their software, all while driving cost to serve and acquisition as low as possible.
As a Solutions Architect you provide technology leadership in supporting Australia's software businesses modernise and invent their future software products. Solutions Architects help advise and guide our customers whilst they:
• Evolve towards fully multi-tenant global SaaS platforms.
• Migrate away from software monoliths to more flexible serverless, container-based, micro-service based architectures.
• Migrate and Modernise their legacy database systems.
• Improve their security and operational rigour by embracing practices like DevSecOps and SRE.
• Adopt new API strategies using REST and GraphQL.
• Embrace powerful data analytics and AI/ML platforms and tools.
• Define and adopt new technical strategies enabling them to present their offering on the AWS platform
• Grow to efficiently and reliably run their products, applications and services on the AWS platform
Solution Architects are an integral member of the AWS ISV team, they work hand in glove with the global AWS SA teams, and partner with the wider ISV technical community. They help grow these communities through:
• Capturing, developing and Sharing best-practice knowledge.
• Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications and patterns in whitepapers, technical case studies, blog posts, pre-sales decks and develop proof of concepts
• Present and actively participate at AWS and Industry events.
• Build and grow the technical communities through contribution to meetups, technical events and the development of cloud advocates.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architecture community
• Serve as the AWS executive technical sponsor for strategic customer initiatives.
As a SA how would you work and who would you work with?
• As a trusted advisor to senior technology stakeholders in roles like CTO, CIO, VP Engineering, Head of Development, Head of Data, Chief Product Officer as well as build with and enable development and engineering teams directly.
• As an integral member of our internal and field teams like the AWS Partner, AWS Sales, AWS Professional Services and AWS Support teams.
• As the technical feedback loop between AWS product teams and your customers you provide input and guidance to shape the future direction of our products. Basic Qualifications
• 10+ years' design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 10+ years' experience in application architecture and full stack software development
• Deep proficiency in a modern programming language such as Java, NodeJS, .NET, Go, Rust or Python
• Knowledge of and advocate for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Software Engineering best practices
• Deep working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies Preferred Qualifications
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills, comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
• Recent (within the last 3 years) hands on software development experience and deep understanding of full-stack development
• Experience modernising legacy software architectures, and moving to modern, shared-nothing microservices architectures.
• Experience building event-driven, real-time data workflows and pipelines
• AWS Solutions Architecture Professional certification.