Software Solutions Architect (ISV) - Australia
Do you have a passion for designing and building large scale software systems on the cloud?
Do you want to work with the most innovative and fastest moving B2B SaaS companies in Australia, and help them scale globally?
Are you a passionate builder and do you want to help make Australia a globally significant software innovation hub?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Software Solutions Architects in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia who will focus on driving adoption of Amazon Web Services within AWS's strategic Independent Software Vendor (ISV) segment. You will help build a business focused on enabling hyper-growth SaaS ISVs to innovate on behalf of their customers. Our solutions architects are experienced technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a Software Solutions Architect in the ISV business, you will work directly with some of our largest customers to enable innovation through continuous improvement, software development and deployment best practices, and help these businesses stay on top of the latest technology trends in software and solutions architecture in the cloud.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Many Australian software businesses are investing in modernising their technology stacks and platforms to iterate faster, increase software and product feature velocity, achieve a global reach for their products and services, improve the security posture for their software, all while driving cost to serve and acquire as lower as possible.
You will provide a technology leadership role in supporting Australia software businesses modernise and invent their future software products, including:
• Migrating away from software monoliths to more flexible serverless and container-based microservices architectures
• Improving security and operational rigour by embracing DevSecOps and SRE
• Adopting new API strategies using REST and GraphQL
• Moving away from legacy relational database systems to modern database options
• Embracing the deluge of data opportunities by inventing and delivering powerful data analytics and AI/ML platforms and tools
• Evolving towards fully multi-tenant global SaaS platforms.
You will also:
• As a key member of the SA team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Provide architectural guidance and recommendations on running applications efficiently and reliably on AWS platform
• Assist ISVs with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to present their offering on the AWS platform
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
• Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS cloud
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute sales strategies to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of the AWS platform
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Serve as the AWS executive technical sponsor for strategic customer initiatives
• Actively participate at AWS and industry events
• Identify patterns across customers to help AWS publish white papers, customer technical case studies, blog posts, pre-sales first call decks, and other content that will drive scale, standardization, and repeatability.
Who will you work with:
As an AWS Software Solutions Architect you will act as a trusted advisor to senior technology stakeholders through your role as CTO advisory and work directly with roles like CTO, CIO, VP Engineering, Head of Development, Head of Data, Chief Product Officer as well as build with and enable development and engineering teams directly.
You will work closely with internal teams at AWS, including field teams like the AWS Partner, AWS Sales, AWS Professional Services and AWS Support teams, but you will also work directly with AWS product and service teams to provide the technical feedback loop between product teams and your customers. Basic Qualifications
• 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 10+ years experience in application architecture and full stack software development
• Deep proficiency in a modern programming language such as Java, NodeJS, .NET, Go, Rust or Python
• Knowledge of and advocate for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Software Engineering best practices
• Deep working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies Preferred Qualifications
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
• Recent (within the last 3 years) hands on software development experience and deep understanding of full-stack development
• Experience modernising legacy software architectures, and moving to modern, shared-nothing microservices architectures.
• Experience building event-driven, real-time data workflows and pipelines
• AWS Solutions Architecture Professional certification.
• Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background desired.