Sr. Solutions Architect, SMB - APJ
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to build successful solutions that meet the needs of the Small and Medium Business in Asia Pacific and Japan. This is a highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build cloud-optimized architectures, develop a strategy with AWS business development teams, and influence our product roadmap by working closely with AWS engineering teams.
This position is based in Sydney, but we would definitely consider candidates from Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth.
Our team is focused on balancing life with our work, and we do this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. While there may be an opportunity to work from an office (location dependent), working remotely is supported, and often times encouraged. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship & Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS's success is its top-tier collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS professionals that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of Solutions Architects and managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing service.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
You are comfortable "solutioneering" with a roomful of peers as they are briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of technology, naturally from AWS leadings services, but also from AWS Partner Network (APN) solutions including well-established tech giants to innovative startups born in the cloud. You will also have the opportunity to build your cloud brand, leaving your mark with whitepapers, webinars, event presence, and innovative new patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
If you are a solutions architect with managed services for Telco or NSI Partner experience, or experience in creating replicable multi-tenant solutions and with a deep understanding on the SMB market requirements, then this role is definitely worth a good look.
You will be responsible for execution of initiatives to increase adoption of Amazon Web Services in the rapidly growing SMB market. This includes but is not restricted to developing relevant customer offers, plays, and points of entries as well as customer and partner programs across APJ. These initiatives will enable SMBs to accelerate their journey to the cloud.
The scope of the role is broad and allows you to bring your whole self to work. Your day may include Ideation of new managed services streams, differentiation and unique solutions that positions AWS as a unique provider, Solutions advisory, Proof of Concepts execution, solution development (testing, documentation, training), device certification if any (lab work), authoring design and configuration guides, course development, training, and collaboration with Telcos or Network Systems Integrators (NSIs) to develop and market new offerings creating new business opportunities.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and will:
* Engage C-level executives to define and execute cloud strategies
* Advise partners on opportunities to grow their business with AWS
* Provide architectural guidance for technology partners that are building products on AWS
* Write technical white papers, blog posts, and provide specific technical guidance to partner engineering teams
* Capture and share field learnings with AWS engineering teams
* Promote SMB internally and externally with webinars and speaking opportunities
* Turn big ideas into products and services, and help influence the direction of AWS
Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. Up to 30% travel is required. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of hands on and highly technical IT experience, including both customer and pre-sales roles
• 3+ years experience with technologies related to enterprise and/or cloud storage solutions
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about and balance business, product, and technical challenges
• Business level proficiency in English PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
• Experience with SMB customers.
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc).
• Goals and metrics oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment