- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Macquarie Group
- 18 avr. 19
Sybase and PostgreSQL Database Administrator
Sybase and PostgreSQL Database AdministratorShowcase your customer-oriented mindset and join an established team as a Database Administrator. You should have a strong background in Sybase, and ideally have some experience with PostgreSQL.
You will join a dynamic group working in a challenging and rewarding role, alongside developers, project managers and Subject Matter Experts involved in implementing on-premise and cloud-based projects.
As a Sybase expert within the Database Administration team across the Finance, Operations & Risk Technology division, you will support various large-scale platforms and systems diverse in nature, covering financial management and reporting, risk management and compliance, trade monitoring and surveillance, trade settlement, payments and market operations. You will also build and maintain sound working relationships with business and technical users and stakeholders whilst providing first-class relational database management systems support.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- assisting in database design patterns supporting new database versions and new business requirements
- disaster recovery planning and business continuity testing
- database system builds, installations, provisioning, deployment and development, to Macquarie standards
- ongoing upgrade and maintenance of database versioning
- database performance monitoring and optimisation
- participation in scheduled weekend and after-hours work when requested.
Your technical background should include:
- minimum 5 years of relevant DBA experience
- strong database administration with primary skill-set in Sybase ASE and Replication server.
- Sybase IQ and ECDA skills are desirable but not mandatory
- experience with PostgreSQL skill is desirable but not mandatory
- strong RedHat Linux and/or Solaris skills
- ability to trouble-shoot complex database problems when escalations from the DBA Operations team occur
- experience with Perl and/or shell scripting
- knowledge of ITIL practice and demonstrable experience with change management processes and procedures
- experience with VERITAS and/or Windows Clustering, as well as SAN/disk replication products
- plan cloud migration strategy for mission critical systems
- automation of repetitive tasks and provide self-service capability to our customers
- a tertiary degree in IT or similar subject.
If this role sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link or contact Victoria Oh at email@example.com
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program
Advertised: 28 Feb 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time