Systems Development Engineer
The AWS Enterprise Networking Team enables the global operation of hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees across hundreds of locations around the world. This organization develops and operates the platform that Amazon's businesses rely on to grow and scale by leveraging AWS Cloud Infrastructure where-ever possible. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput, scalability, reliability and intelligence and this network is fundamental to the success of Amazon.com and AWS.
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. If you like solving hard problems and developing solutions that are highly scalable and high performing, that require minimal long term sustaining and development support, then you may be the pioneer we're looking for! AWS Enterprise Networking is looking for a customer focused, detail oriented and experienced Systems Development Engineer to join our team. This team is responsible for networking services and monitoring of the infrastructure within the Enterprise space. Our systems support corporate connectivity needs of over 400,000 Amazonians, hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices, and AWS Datacenters globally.
You will be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart and believe that world class service is critical to customer happiness.
Your peers will be systems, network and software engineers working to make the technology that supports our corporate sites simple and efficient. In this role you will have the opportunity to design solutions to business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In our day-to-day work we focus on automation of complex tasks to allow our business to scale with customer demand.
As a Systems Development Engineer you will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions to solve for the business needs. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands. Basic Qualifications
• 3+ years of experience with Linux operating systems including operations in a large scale enterprise environment.
• 3+ years' of Systems Engineering/Administration including experience in a large, distributed environment
• Practical scripting and development experience in shell, Perl or Python and/or other automation tools. Ability to write and understand codes at Software Developer level is required.
• Experience with system and application monitoring, software distribution
• Experience with common internet protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, TFTP, and LDAP
• Experience building enterprise wide solutions using proprietary systems
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent professional experience Preferred Qualifications
• Demonstrated time working within a DevOps environment
• Experience using Amazon Web Services
• Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
• A background in Information Security
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
• A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or relevant experience in lieu
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation