- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Macquarie Group
- 18 avr. 19
Technical Business Analyst
Technical Business AnalystAn exciting opportunity has become available for a capable Analyst with strong Confirmation and Invoicing domain knowledge to join the team in Sydney which supports our Commodities and Global Markets Group, providing innovative technology services within the Trade Support Services domains. You'll be part of a dynamic team that develops and supports globally used confirmations and middle office tools.
Macquarie Group Limited is a global provider of financial services, providing banking, financial advisory and investment and funds management services to institutional, corporate and retail clients and counterparties around the world.
Our Commodities and Global Markets Group is the global trading & hedging, financing and research operations within Macquarie and is a core business with strong Global foundations.
This role sits within our Corporate Operational Group, who bring together specialist support services including technology, market operations, workplace and human resources. Our Corporate Operational Group's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk.
Within the Commodities and Global Markets Technology team, part of the Corporate Operations Group , is seeking to add a motivated technical Business analyst to join a talented global technology team focused on high quality and consistent delivery to support Commodities and Global Markets in meeting their business objectives.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for evaluating business needs and system capabilities and delivering solutions and projects for continuous improvement. In this role, you will:
- communicate with middle and back office business users to gather, review and document requirements
- analyse and evaluate existing processes and systems and identify areas for improvement
- perform data analysis and modelling for requirements analysis and solution design
- work with developers and subject matter experts in devising optimal solutions to business requirements
- serve as point of contact for developers and business on system implementation and business process queries
- define auto-processing rules which developers refer to implement straight through processing functions
- partner with program developers to document system logic
- create detailed template mapping documents that map data from trade sources to confirmations and invoices
- document functional specifications and data mappings, in Jira and Confluence
- understand and manages impact of changing business and technical requirements in an agile environment
- conduct planning sessions with the team to discuss priorities, resources and schedule to ensure delivery of projects and business requests
- create and execute system test plans to confirm system functionality and identify issues prior to release to production
- provide domain knowledge during project feasibility discussions and software solution design and implementation
- update system user guides and confluence pages and provide ad-hoc training with users during user acceptance testing and warranty period
- follow SDLC best practices.
To be successful in this role, your key skill requirements will include:
- 5+ years' experience as a Business Analyst on confirmation and invoicing systems
- strong requirement gathering skills
- strong SCRUM planning and execution skills
- good knowledge of SQL
- relevant tertiary qualifications in business applications or equivalent
- proven practical experience in supporting applications
- SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- financial industry experience
- good stakeholder management skills
- strong oral and written communication in English
- ability to work in an environment with changing priorities
- a strong sense of ownership with a passion for delivering quality software.
Skills that are preferred, though not essential include
- Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- modelling tools Visio or equivalent
- experience in Atlassian products Jira, Confluence, BitBucket.
- experience working with Middle Office functions in a financial institution.
The salary being offered for this role is between $85,000 - $100,000.
If this role sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: 05 Apr 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time