Technical Lead - Enterprise Payments Project - Payment and Cards
Westpac aims to be the leading financial services company in Australia and we are looking for people who have the drive and commitment to build the leading financial services company in their community.
In turn, we offer a great work environment where you'll feel respected and valued. You'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and the satisfaction of working with Westpac - helping us help customers better than ever before.
Our customer base is diverse and so are the people who work at Westpac, so people from all walks of life are encouraged to apply. Your attitude and passion are as important to us as your experience. Why has this role been created?
Enterprise Payments projects in Payment and Cards technology team deliver real-time payments solutions to meet Westpac Group's business need. Primary focus for the team is delivery of NPP industry strategic initiatives and other emerging payments technologies to provide new ways to make banking easier for our customers.
Enterprise Payments platform team is looking for an Engineer (Technical Lead) to be responsible for Enterprise Payments platform service solution, performance tuning, drive and deliver technical outcome to meet the business need. This position will have the standard Engineer job family responsibilities and experience required. What will you be doing?
As a technical lead, you will be accountable for end to end application service solution, test result review, performance tuning and implementation of technical changes in Enterprise Payments applications and your key responsibilities will include:
What Skills and experience are we looking for?
- Technical change Impact Assessment - providing detailed technical change impact analysis and sizing estimates to enable work force planning
- Design - providing design review, design input for end 2 end architecture solution and providing low level solution to enable build, test and implementation of application changes.
- Performance Tuning - reviewing SVP testing result and providing performance tuning solution to Enterprise Payments applications
- Testing support and sign off - providing defect resolution, testing environment support and test result review and sign off
- Implementation - providing implementation support and incident resolution
- BAU hand over - providing technical lead in completing related BAU hand-over processes to the support team
- Strong technical experience in applications development (15 years in software development and with 5 years in a lead capacity)
- Proven experience in payment and NPP technology (3 years in payment application)
- Strong technical experience in technical trouble shooting and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in working in Agile team
Advantageous Experience would be:
- Experience of Currency cards, Swift
- Experience with ACI products UPF, IPF
- Experience in performance tuning
- Experience with DevOps approaches and practices
- Experience in a large complex program environment
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and a stimulating team environment. Your attitude and passion are as important to us as your experience.
Westpac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and indigenous Australians. To express your interest, please follow the online prompts to apply directly online.