Technical Pricing Specialist
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
Satellite is a connected but separate division in IAG. It is an end-to-end business whose purpose is to disrupt the Australian insurance market and be an accelerator for the wider IAG business. We are building a new platform and business model to launch new disruptive partners, products and propositions to market. We have a fast-paced test and learn culture where you will be encouraged to be curious, challenge the status quo, make decisions and take calculated risks. In this role you will be accountable for Satellite's Home Street pricing strategy and delivery. You will be accountable for pricing incorporating technical inputs through to commercial street pricing and optimisation, and the integration of Coles' unique data sets into out Home pricing methodology. You will lead the interface into Coles partnership to land pricing decisions and will require excellent presentation and communication skills. You will work closely with the P&L owner and leadership across the entire value chain-marketing, operations, claims, data, fraud, digital etc. to develop and deliver the overall Motor Strategy. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- You will define and deliver the Home Street pricing strategy to achieve profitable growth, be curious and bring in new ideas/ initiatives to make Satellite the best pricing function in Australia personal lines insurance.
- You will work collaboratively with other Satellite and internal IAG teams to deliver on customer value propositions and pricing initiatives.
- You will develop and lead Home street pricing strategies and implement initiatives and develop and monitor Satellite pricing governance processes and risk appetite.
- You will be a leader in and contribute to the development of the wider person team (portfolio, pricing, UW, fraud, data).
- You will contribute to broader leadership of Satellite across the whole value chain, including strategy, partnering, initiatives and culture.
- Minimum 3-5 years pricing experience (preferably personal lines insurance), ideally with lead responsibilities.
- You will have strong technical/analytical skills
- You will have a Tertiary qualification in Actuarial, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics related field with demonstrated equivalent experience.
- You will have strong financial acumen and understanding of insurance P&L.
- Ability to present technical information to a broad audience.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to develop quality documents, including monthly/quarterly performance reports.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people across IAG.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and have exceptional flexibility of approach, being able to stay focused when directions change without notice.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories; It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
At IAG we strongly believe to achieve success we must create a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. IAG have committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on building a diverse culture by creating a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our website: